Student Competition – Make a Video Ad for Direct Communications
October 11, 2013 2 Comments
Direct Communications is offering $100 to each school AV class/department in our local service areas willing to participate in a student contest to create the best TV/web video commercial promoting our high speed internet service.
The winning group or individual student responsible for creating the winning ad will receive a $500 prize.
These ads will be aired on our cable TV network on ESPN and seven other cable channels, in pre-movie screen ads at local cinemas, and on our YouTube channel, Facebook page, and various corporate websites.
Videos must be created by local high school or elementary school students.
Videos must be exactly 30’ in total length for insertion into local cable TV ad spots.
Videos must be in either 1280×720 HD resolution or 720×480 SD resolution.
Videos must be submitted in digital format, exported in either mpeg2, .mov, Quicktime, or mpeg-4 format.
Any models (especially minors) used whose faces are visible in the ad must have signed model releases. These releases must be submitted to Direct Communications with the video submission. These releases are available for download at http://www.directcom.com/brand/2013-video%20ad%20Model%20release%20form.pdf
Logo and graphics elements are available for download at http://www.directcom.com/brand
All videos must include a title slide indicating the school and students involved in creating the ad.
Videos must be submitted by Dec 31, 2013.
Videos must promote the unique benefits of Direct Communications High Speed Internet Service.
You can use our internet to stream video better than on competing services.
Fastest speeds in town.
Our 20Mb speeds are faster than any competitors in town.
No caps. No throttling. No limits.
Some providers claim to support video streaming, but will cap how much you can download each month. They may even charge you data overages or throttle (intentionally reduce) your speed if you watch too much.
Direct Communications is the only provider that will give you true unlimited bandwidth, so you can stream as much online video as you want, in full HD quality.
Your local broadband company.
We are locally owned and operated. Our headquarters are in small-town rural Rockland in southeast Idaho, and our employees all live in rural towns in southeast Idaho. Get better service from your local provider.
Some other ideas:
- We provide the only fiber optic network in rural southeast Idaho.
- You can watch multiple streams at once on different devices in your home.
- We offer residential speeds up to 20Mb on cable broadband and 100Mb on fiber broadband.
- Our cable network is backed by state-of-the-art fiber optic cable.
- Our speeds are consistent, and we typically provide the speed we advertise, not some “burstable” mythical speed that you can only get for a few seconds.
- Unlike wireless providers, your bandwidth is not all shared off the same tower.
- We don’t throttle your speeds if you stream too much.
- We don’t put a cap on how much you are allowed to download each month.
- Our fiber-optic cable connects you directly to the national fiber backbone, with no wireless links inbetween.
10. Wireless internet equipment simply wasn’t built to handle constant high-demand applications like high-definition video very well. Our Fiber network was designed to stream high-definition video.
The creative execution should be relevant, but unexpected. Use your imagination and surprise us.
For more information, contact your local Directcom schools rep, Daniel Parrish at 208 945 8223 or at
or call our main office at 208 548 2345.
To submit your ad, please turn in the digital file on either a data CD or DVD, or preferably on a flash drive/SD card or USB thumb drive to your nearest Directcom retail location, or give it to your teacher to be picked up by Daniel Parrish. Or, you can mail your disk or SD card to:
PO Box 269
Rockland, ID 83271
Here is an example of an ad created by a 4th grade student.